CUA40313 Certificate IV in Dance Teaching and Management
RTO Provider No. 40741
Duration: Two years
This qualification reflects the role of individuals working in a variety of dance teaching contexts, including private dance studios. They apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems, and analyze and evaluate information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others and have limited responsibility for the output of others.
There are no formal academic requirements for this qualification. Individuals seeking entry who have no formal qualifications will be required to demonstrate that they have the underpinning knowledge and skills to study at this level.
Candidates entering this qualification would have a strong background in dance and could be expected to demonstrate competence in at least one dance style at Certificate IV level or above. Evidence of dance expertise may also be reflected in grades they have achieved in different dance styles through dance societies that run examinations linked to certification levels.
On enrolment candidates will receive:
- Initial 3 day face to face workshop:
- Extra workshops as required
- Syllabus notations from Beginner to Grade 5
- Cert IV Syllabus
- Learning resources
- Entry to Cert IV practical examination
- Home based workbook and assessment tasks
- Assessor support
Competency Core Units (Compulsory)
- Monitor & Manage Small Business Operations (BSBSMB405)
- Plan & Organise Dance Classes (CUADTM401)
- Apply Safe Dance Teaching Methods (CUADTM403)
- Contribute to the Organisation of Productions (CUAPPM401)
- Provide First Aid (RPL) (HLTAID003)**
- Plan Assessment Activities & Processes (TAEASS401B)
- Assess Competence (TAEASS402B)
- Design & Develop Learning Programs (TAEDES401A)
**Your current First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003 Provide First Aid) must be presented at enrolment for RPL purposes, along with your “Working with Children” paperwork.
- Create Short Dance Pieces (CUACHR402)
- Explore the Relationship between Music & Dance (CUADLT402)
- Incorporate Anatomy & Nutrition Principles into Skill Development (CUAWHS403)
- Develop Choreography Skills (CUACHR403)
- Research History and Theory to Inform Own Arts Practice (CUARES403)
- Teach Medium Level Dance Technique (CUADTM511)
Definition of dance includes:
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL):
Recognition of Prior Learning is available on enrolment.
Course Fees as at January 2019: $5,000.00 to be paid in four instalments.
For Additional information: BAL Student Handbook